Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Anxiety pains

For the last 9 years I have chest pain in my left breast area, feels like someone stabbing from the inside-out.  I've read medical journals and journals of people with a similar discomfort and most of the time when EKG's are normal, normal pulse rate etc, its usually anxiety related.  I've been on benzodiazepenes (xanax) for over 4 years but I've been off it for the last 4 months and the pain is coming back stronger than ever.  I'm gonna look into relaxation and breathing techniques, cognitive behavioral therapy, and biofeedback training but most of those cost a lot of money.  People with Asperger's also tend to have chronic anxiety and I am one of those people.  I think a lot about what it has done to me and its affect on my life and before I was diagnosed it had ruined a lot of opportunities in my life, not so much after, but when you have something that is such a major part of you that you are not aware of for the first 29 years of your life it can really be a hindrance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment